Welcome to 128T - the first software-based routing solution designed to be both session-oriented and service-centric through the application of Secure Vector Routing. The purpose of this guide is to provide an overview and installation walkthrough for the 128T Router and 128T Conductor products into a Linux operating system environment. This product suite is collectively known as 128T Routing Software.
The installation guides are version agnostic and are applicable for all current and future versions of software.
Before You Begin
Before you begin the installation and configuration of 128T Networking Plaform, you must:
- Be familiar with Linux fundamentals, basic network addressing, and IP networking terminology.
- Be a system administrator to perform the installation and configuration.
- Have root access to the target machine, or have an entry in /etc/sudoers allowing you to execute Linux shell commands as root (via sudo).
The examples listed in this guide generally prefer running commands as a non-root user, except as noted, and prepend commands that must be run as a superuser with sudo.
Installation is done from the 128T ISOs, typically from a bootable image on a flash drive or disk. The install process is as follows:
- Download the ISOs
- Create Bootable Media
- Perform the Interactive ISO installation
- Configure a Conductor
- Create the Router configuration with the Conductor
- Install and Reboot the Router using the OTP ISO
To install the 128T software on AWS or Azure, refer to: