The SSR password policies have been updated to provide a more secure experience. When creating passwords and password policies for users, the following parameters are enforced.
- Password must contain 1 capital, 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 special character.
- Password must be between 8 and 15 characters.
- Minimum and maximum password length must be configurable.
- When a password is changed, characters must be changed in at least eight of the positions within the password.
- The minimum password lifetime is 24 hours/1 day.
- There is a 60-day maximum password lifetime restriction.
- Password reuse is prohibited for a minimum of five generations.
- A temporary password for system logons is allowed, with an immediate change to a permanent password.
- The default admin password must be changed to strong password on first use.