- I95-30610 RTP is not properly classified for subsequent 128T routers
- I95-33279 Path MTU discovery unresolvable when no ICMP is generated
- I95-34058 Session setup fails for paths configured as
outbound-onlywhen first packet of a flow exceeds MTU (typically UDP)
I95-34068 SVR sessions fail to establish due to waypoint allocation failures after HA node failover.
Symptom: The following warning log is generated:Mar 03 09:25:10.813 [HWMC| – ] WARN (icmpManager ) Base Exception: failed to allocate ports for WayPoint; intf=5.0; local=192.0.2.100; remote=198.51.100.128
Until the system is upgraded to 4.1.10, this issue can be mitigated by removing the corresponding adjacency configuration and adding it back.
I95-34090 A network-interface configured with multiple neighborhoods, where one of the neighborhoods defines a port range, will result in traffic being dropped on the defined range
Symptoms: SVR traffic is dropped when destined for a port range configured on its peer 128T router's neighborhood
I95-34158 Modifying a port-range configuration value to include an overlapping range results in a list with an incorrect range.
Conditions: An existing range list is modified to include an overlapping range
Until the system is upgraded to 4.1.10, this issue can be mitigated by entering a unique range of values that do not overlap.
- I95-34310 Secure fields from the 128T configuration are in the commit audit events from config diff operations.
- I95-34744 highway process can fault when a DHCP server assigns the IP address 0.0.0.0 to the 128T router
- I95-35138 A vulnerability in the SaltStack code allows for unauthenticated salt-minions to execute any script on the salt-master.
This fix is required only on the 128T Conductor.
The 4.1.8 release is a superset of the 4.1.7 release. Features and corrections in the 4.1.7 release are not provided in these release notes. Please refer to the 4.1.7 release notes for further information.
- I95-18857 Support for automatic loopback has been added to Sangoma T1 devices
I95-33536 Fixed highway abort condition on shutdown with large number of peer paths
Symptom: highwayManager process aborts on shutdown or restart
Conditions: 128T router with greater than 2500 active peer paths restarted with
systemctl restart 128T
Corrective Action: None required, system will automatically recover.
I95-33485 Upgrading a HA node of a 128T router can result in traffic being dropped
Symptom: Existing traffic for some services is blackholed during upgrade
Corrective Action: Complete upgrade of both nodes or restart non-upgraded 128T
I95-33323 highwayManager process can fault on processing DNS responses for services with addresses defined as FQDN
Symptom: Traffic stops forwarding while process restarts
Corrective Action: This condition is rare and is exacerbated by DNS responses that change for the same request. Typically the order of the A records have changed for load balancing purposes. This can be mitigated by ensuring the DNS responses are consistent, or removing the FQDN from the service configuration.
I95-33296 Removing a redundant device-interface and its corresponding redundancy-group as part of the same commit will cause the commit operation to fail.
Symptom: Unable to commit configuration changes
Corrective Action: Perform two commit operations. The first commit must be to remove the redundancy-group.
I95-32843 System can fault when routing loop is created with OSPF and BGP
Symptom: highwayManager process faults after configuration is loaded.
Corrective Action: Restore existing configuration to remove routing loop created by OSPF.
The 4.1.7 release is a superset of the 4.1.6 release. Features and corrections in the 4.1.6 release are not provided in these release notes. Please refer to the 4.1.6 release notes for further information.
- I95-31170 NodeMonitor Application fault on shutdown.
- I95-32449,I95-25567,I95-31060,I95-31675 failed to reserve ports for WayPoint resulting in loss of traffic
The 4.1.6 release is a superset of the 4.1.5 release. Features and corrections in the 4.1.5 release are not provided in these release notes. Please refer to the 4.1.5 release notes for further information.
- I95-21979 An ethernet interface with DHCP enabled cannot be created from GUI. Validation does not pass and throws the error:
"There must be at least one address configured when type is not pppoe and dhcp is disabled".
- I95-25553 Disabling and re-enabling a service is not real time configurable and required a restart of the 128T service.
- I95-25984, I95-32181 Power outage may result in a zero byte global.init file, rendering 128T unable to start
- I95-26634 BGP routes are not updated when VLANed interface is operationally down
- I95-28103 After a restart of the highway process, any interfaces that were managed by 128T that were not gracefully restored, now provide detailed logging information regarding their state and corresponding transition.
- I95-28535 Unable to obtain DHCP lease after redundant interface state transitions back to operationally up
- I95-29115 service-route / max-sessions is not real-time configurable and requires a restart of the 128T service
- I95-29741 Salt connection between Router and Conductor may not reestablish on a connection failure
- I95-29811 Session created with a non-standard protocol (e.g. security audits performing "fuzzing") can cause flows to never be deleted and exhaust the flow table
- I95-29812 Service ping does not work with
outbound-onlybetween 128T routers
- I95-29821 Packet fragmentation for SVR paths is larger than configured MTU by the L4 packet header size
- I95-29990 When a KNI interface starts as operationally down, the state remains the default of unknown and never transition to down.
- I95-30002 Service route generation skipped for generation set to true if another service with the same name is set to generation false
- I95-30078, I95-30268 Traffic does not switch to standby interface on management path communication failure
- I95-30315 DHCP Server fails to start after system power failure and power recovery
- I95-30327 On peer path failure, peer path may remain down if going through a nat to get to the remote peer
- I95-30334 Shared interfaces can operate with both interfaces on each HA nodes as active (each acting in standalone mode)
- I95-30354, I95-30687 admin user or 128t-admin group missing after upgrade
- I95-30383 Connection error to node may result in configuration not being applied
- I95-30401 Asset remains in pending state on initialization if the connection is terminated during pending state operations
- I95-30448 Application module retry interval takes an extended time after a failure. With this correction, if a failure is encountered the retries will start at 60 minutes and increase exponentially for each subsequence failure after the second failure.
- I95-30734 "worker-core packet-processing-utilization" would show 100% due to improper handling of unidirectional flows when packet-retransmission feature is enabled
- I95-30742 Incorrect packet fragmentation when first packet is a jumbo packet
- I95-30781 Warning not provided when neighborhood does not have an end port range
- I95-30833 BGP over SVR neighbor not connecting due to missing route
- I95-30934 Services with matching tenants and protocols with port ranges ending in 65535 may result in services failing.
- I95-31005 128T does not safely handle the case where a DHCP server provides a client lease with an address of 0.0.0.0
- I95-31200 BGP timer configuration is not dynamically configurable
- I95-31208 continuous configuration updates do to network anomalies lead to increased memory usage
- I95-31232 Highway application may fault during network port scanning of the router
- I95-31244 When a pinhole session is restored upon failover, if the routing table is not up-to-date, the packet will incorrectly be routed to the same interface from which it came from.
- I95-31251 Peer intermittently does not recover after system restart
- I95-31255 Intermittently managed routers may send a
"No connectivity"alarm to the Conductor
- I95-31333 highwayManager application fault during multiple interface state transitions
- I95-31515 highwayManager application faults if no paths are available for session duplication
- I95-31570 Changing the order of custom charts can sometimes render the dashboard page inoperable
- I95-31742 routingManager application can fault when a device interface is removed
- I95-32065 NAPT translation does not work with for a service-route with a next-hop
- I95-32257 Router behind a NAT not peering after upgrade
Overlapping IP address support for adjacencies
Prior versions of the 128T software did not support two routers with the same WAN IP address communicating with common infrastructure. The most common manifestation of this issue is when two routers both share the same private IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.100) and are peering with the same head end router. In this scenario, the head end router cannot disambiguate between the two devices, which may lead to routing issues (e.g., traffic intended for one location may be sent to another location with the same address). It is for this reason that large-scale projects were discouraged/prevented from using private IP addresses, due to the high likelihood of IP collision.
I95-30078 - HA node communication failure results in two systems both taking control of a shared (redundant) interface
Symptom: Traffic egressing a highly available device may get pinned to the wrong node in a highly available pair.
Mitigation (pre-4.1.5): Manually purge specific traffic flows that are pinned to the wrong node, to allow them to regenerate.
I95-30387 - ‘path MTU is unresolvable' alarm after 128T restart or BFD link erroneously shows 100% packet loss when device is behind a NAT
Symptom: when two 128T devices communicate with one another and there is an intervening NAT device (as is common in LTE networks), the path will show 100% packet loss for various NAT types.
Mitigation (pre-4.1.5): this problem was introduced in 4.1.5-1 and fixed in 4.1.5-2.
- I95-25787 Overlapping IP address support for adjacencies (See Special Considerations)
- I95-27406 Ctrl-c does not terminate PCLI tab completion
- I95-28337 When two HA systems have a temporary disconnection between one another, it may prevent administrative (PCLI) logins.
- I95-29135 A 128T node may permanently lose "asset" connectivity to Conductor in the wake of a connection failure. The asset connectivity affects the Conductor's ability to remotely start/stop/upgrade a 128T router, but does not impact other administrative functions.
- I95-29136 The PCLI now warns users logging in if their login exceeds the recommended number (4).
- I95-29173 Tab complete produced unexpected output at various places within the PCLI.
- I95-29188 Performance improvements for distributing large configurations from Conductor to routers
- I95-29206 Routers establish connections to the Conductor in a way that avoids "thundering herd" problems
- I95-29217 Inaccurate "There are changes waiting to be validated. Click the validate button to refresh the list." message in the configuration section of the conductor UI
- I95-29238 Entering new configuration with non-interactive commands result in configuration not being applied.
- I95-29252 Reconfiguring VLANs on interfaces would occasionally require a restart of 128T software.
- I95-29278 Revertible path failover can sometimes not revert a session. This would cause a device to continue to use a secondary path in the event that a primary path fails, traffic is migrated to the secondary path, but later the primary path is restored.
- I95-29282, I95-27182 Restart of the standby conductor node may impact administrative access to active Conductor node for up to 10 minutes.
- I95-29283 The system's ARP table size now corresponds to the number of peering routers. This prevents ARP table overflow issues that may cause outages as nodes can no longer communicate with one another.
- I95-29289 Certain dual failure conditions could result in a redundant interface being inactive on both nodes in a highly available pair. This could occur, for example, if one node was rebooted and its counterpart had a software failure (crash) before the first node was able to resynchronize completely. This would previously require a reboot to restore.
- I95-29364 Node not transitioning from starting state on initial deployment. This affects the time to turn up a new system due to an extra restart being required.
- I95-29367 Application can fault when administratively disabling a T1 Interface, requiring a software restart.
- I95-29377 Application can fault when disabling an interface that is configured for DHCP, requiring a software restart.
- I95-29430 Fixed a cosmetic issue when a progress indicator remained during a configuration commit action that resulted in validation errors.
- I95-29688 An internal software communication failure resulted in the PCLI command 'show system' showing partial data.
- I95-29841 Two services (routes) with the same IP address, where one has a security policy assigned and another does not, may cause an application fault when traffic hits that security policy. This would result in full traffic loss until the application restarted (approx. 30 seconds).
- I95-29744 Restart of a node may result in failed sessions, requiring rebooting the counterpart node to restore service. This has only been observed during upgrade scenarios.
- I95-30857 BGP routes not being updated after a large number of peer path state changes in conjunction with a configuration change. This may result in the 128T from advertising future route updates.
- I95-30845 FIB entries become invalid after race condition with simultaneous configuration change and routing updates, resulting in routing failure.
- I95-30598 Automated Provisioner issues continuous salt minion restarts for a node in a disconnected state, resulting in unnecessary reattempts.
- I95-30424 With BGP, there exists a race condition on startup that results in FIB entries missing some routes, resulting in routing failure.
- I95-30143 High state is applied to nodes when configuration has changed, causing unnecessary Conductor to router communication. This has been changed to only apply high state when necessary. (Note: when a node is disconnected and reconnects high state is always applied)
- I95-30011 SVR packets dropped briefly when standby node in an HA router pair is restarted.
- I95-15146 Large NETCONF client requests can fail to be processed
show ospfshows incorrect data when OSPF is not configured
- I95-24724 Jumbo frames are dropped on a KNI interface
- I95-24811 Maximum network-interface mtu has been reduced to 9198 to avoid fragmentation issues
- I95-25863 Requesting metrics beyond what is available returns empty data
- I95-25964 Removed access-policy configuration for dhcp-server
- I95-26059 Changing a device-interface name will stop pcap capture
- I95-26079 A system fault can occur if a commit operation is cancelled
show network-interfacecan sometimes output no data
- I95-26199 SVR port range is restricted to 1025-16383. This has been increased to 1025-65535
- I95-26237 Custom charts for device-interfaces can have incorrect session count metrics
- I95-26288 A ping flood can stop future ICMP processing
- I95-26517 Unable to provision conductor service on a device-interface type of T1
- I95-26601 MTU configuration on a bridged KNI interface is not dynamically reconfigurable
- I95-27044 System fault can occur when changing encryption keys
- I95-27170 Added numerous tranmission stats for DHCP clients
- I95-27242 Attempting to upgrade a managed router to a version greater than the Conductor fails silently
- I95-27281 Session migration does not work when a session is initiated from a router with
peer-connectivity=bidirectionalto a router with
- I95-27328 Unable to execute yum commands on nodes after ztp
- I95-27339 Sessions for a DHCP relay service can linger, causing subsequent DHCP request failures
- I95-27371 BGP route reflector can not be disabled by setting
- I95-27487 Invalid config produces the message
% Error: Config does not exist in Zookeeper
forwarding-core-countis not honored in configuration
- I95-27536 LTE interfaces that are unable to connect to the carrier's network can cause system instability
- I95-27540, I95-27943 An erroneous message of
"download timed out, try again"very shortly after downloading a software upgrade, even though no error occurred
- I95-27600 T1 interface shows up even if the w1g1ppp is down
show assetsdoes not show configured asset after changing its asset id
- I95-27614 When operating in promiscuous mode, the 128T can send ICMP unreachables for dest macs that are not its own
- I95-27635 Configuring BGP local-as under neighbor causes BGP configuration to not work properly
- I95-27636 Bandwidth of UDP traffic is displayed incorrectly when traffic shaping is enabled
- I95-27673 GUI may display
There may be changes waiting to be validated…after validate with no errors
- I95-27683 Unable to shutdown BGP peer
- I95-27708 System can fault when generating
- I95-27728 sssd restarts when changing user system preferences
- I95-27730 Node reboots after 128T upgrade when reboot is unnecessary
128status.shscript has been added to provide detailed 128T system health information
- I95-27752 Session duplication only works with
- I95-27763 BGP neighbor local-as is ignored when set to neighbor remote-as
- I95-27830 System can fault when multiple "first" packets are processed simultaneously
- I95-27878 Database process can consume large amount of CPU due to internal debugging data. This database has been removed
- I95-27889 System can fault on shutdown
- I95-27899 Router is stuck in the state of "Key Accepted" during assets registration
- I95-27922 System can fault when flow is selectively deleted from ingress router between two 128T peers with ongoing traffic
- I95-27925 Sparklines do not show numerical value when time window is greater than 5 seconds
- I95-27928 Terminal emulators that do not support 256 colors will produce the error
% Error: Unhandled AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'
- I95-27937 System can fault when executing
save tech-support-infoon high-end server platforms with greater than 16 cores
- I95-27940 Asset software version is still displayed after disconnect
- I95-27953 bgpd process can fault in execution of
show ip bgp neighbor <neighbor-addr> received-routeswhen communities match and are configured with a strip policy
- I95-27959 Unable to initiate install of software after download through the asset page
- I95-27979 Provisioning a service-route through the GUI allows entry of a service name. The service name should only provide options from a drop-down of provisioned services.
- I95-27986 Unable to provision service-route next-hop through GUI
- I95-28031 Unable to disable generated flag on DHCP relay service
- I95-28053 Inconsistency between units in spark lines and value on graphs
- I95-28056 Event History page can result in poor system-wide network performance in large deployments. The Event History page now requires a selection of a single router from which to obtain event history
- I95-28060, I95-28380 System can fault when a configuration is applied with active sessions that contain overlapping private IPs
- I95-28161 GUI displays no service-routes for services that have service-routes
- I95-28162 Swagger document has wrong placeholders for Clone functions
- I95-28191 Session optimization feature can cause 100% CPU utilization with low bandwidth
- I95-28208 ISIS packets generate an exception in
- I95-28219 Non-admin users are able to edit and view other users within the GUI
show assetsnow displays if an asset never connected
- I95-28245, I95-28311, I95-28312 Control buffer pool can be exhausted for routers with a large number of peers
- I95-28271 systemServicesCoordinator process can fault when processing IPC
- I95-28347 Router upgrade can restart after rebooting a Conductor node before the upgrade completes
- I95-28351 Invoking
lshwcan cause the system to fault
- I95-28380 Service validation check not handling implicit /32 address resulting in an application fault
- I95-28389 Malformed or missing user data store will prevent the 128T from starting
- I95-28412 System can reinitialize multiple times during initial ZTP process
- I95-28446 Sessions can be dropped during HA node failover
- I95-28448 High CPU utilization for prolonged periods of time can induce a split-brain situation
- I95-28480 Incorrect directory permissions can cause the Conductor-hosted software repository to fault
- I95-28498 Redirecting output from PCLI show commands to a file produces multiple instances of
Redirecting output...in the file
- I95-28510 Patch available icon is shown on assets that are unmanaged
- I95-28528 An empty option exists in Peer Authority and Router dropdowns
- I95-28592 GraphQL API has been added for system connectivity status
- I95-28673 ping command did not display round trip time
- I95-28691 Large configurations can cause timeouts during processing
- I95-28694 Import/Export page can fail to load
- I95-28730 System can fault on receipt of BGP packet to an interface that does not exist
- I95-28748 When configured for LDAP, users may not be able to login
- I95-28827 Malformed environment configuration will cause 128T to fail to start
- I95-28863 PCLI may fail to load resulting in message
% Error: Unhandled UnboundLocalError: local variable 'model' referenced before assignment
- I95-29032 In rare cases, the routingManager process can fault processing configuration
- I95-29042 AWS ENA driver will fault if interface is disabled and then enabled.
The 4.1.3 release requires the 128T-installer 2.3.0 or greater. By default, the latest installer will automatically be used.
- I95-27792 Asset status not updated correctly
- I95-27339 DHCP stuck flows
The 4.1.2 release requires the 128T-installer 2.3.0 or greater. By default, the latest installer will automatically be used.
- I95-22743 Installation now enables Kernel crash capturing
- I95-24835 Creation of new security-policy generates error upon commit
show event alarm rows allreports the error
Failed to retrieve alarm events
- I95-25744 Tab-ing in GUI dialog boxes does not toggle between buttons or fields
- I95-25790 Peer path statistics on PCLI may be missing for routers with multiple paths
- I95-26021 WEB/GUI page scrolling stops working after router AP upgrade
- I95-26154 System can fault when executing
- I95-26293 Changing the router name will prevent future logins
- I95-26361 Asset reports downloading software after download has completed
- I95-26447, I95-26509 Conductor software proxy is configured when
conductor-onlyis not set
- I95-26492 Duplicate addresses returned from a DNS request are not deduplicated
- I95-26620 BGP routes not populated in the RIB when the eBGP neighbor's ttl is set to 1
- I95-26690 Stats may not be displayed until 128T is restarted
- I95-26696 Connectivity alarms are incorrectly re-evaluated on configuration changes resulting in retransmitting the alarm
- I95-26706 Empty global ID for non-redundant interface produces validation warning
- I95-26732 Router-based services are incorrectly shared with other neighborhoods
- I95-26797 saltmaster.log and logrotate.d message filling root mail
- I95-26845 Waypoint Exhaustion Post Change
- I95-26910, I95-26911, I95-26912, I95-26927, I95-26972, I95-27046, I95-27067, I95-27076, I95-27125, I95-27181, I95-27184, I95-27248, I95-27357, I95-27404, I95-27421 Validation can take a long time on large configurations
- I95-26943 Custom charts displays "all" series, when it should say "selected router"
- I95-26956 Piping
grepon large topologies never completes
- I95-26981 Alarm shelving is not honored after 128T restarts
- I95-26982, I95-27057, I95-27063, I95-27215, I95-27427 PCLI can have long response times with large configurations
- I95-26985 128T can get hung on shutting down when removing kni kernel module
- I95-27023 PCLI can get stuck in
Starting the PCLI…
show asset softwareincorrectly prompts for confirmation
- I95-27032 HA indicator overlaid on top of router selector in custom charts
- I95-27035, I95-27382, I95-27415, I95-27430 Web server may have poor responsiveness with large configurations
- I95-27051 Congestion control algorithm for session optimization has been reverted to no fairness
- I95-27066 Validatate operations can be executed multiple times for the same configuration
- I95-27084 Topology map zooms in then back out after selecting a router
- I95-27102 Large configurations increase the load time of the topology page A loading indicator was added to provide a better user experience
- I95-27105 128T not restarted after reinitialization
- I95-27107 NTP service does not start before 128T which can cause HA synchronization issues if time is incorrect between nodes
- I95-27120 PCLI does not honor log level changes
- I95-27121 128T can crash when flow capacity has been exceeded
- I95-27136, I95-27216 Terminated PCLI sessions can still linger preventing future logins
- I95-27137 Configurations that contain a large number of hostnames/FQDNs can cause commit to take a long time
- I95-27153 Large numbers of shelving alarms changes result in CPU saturation spikes
- I95-27173 Requesting both IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP addresses for LTE does not work for some carriers
- I95-27209, I95-27560 Large configurations can take a long time to commit
- I95-27235 Subsequent requests to refreshing "Available Versions" do nothing
- I95-27241 PCLI can hang on quit after committing configuration
- I95-27246 Changing system clock to an earlier time will cause the 128T to not produce any metrics
- I95-27248 Large configurations can take a long time to retrieve on both the PCLI and GUI
- I95-27250 Configurations that have a large number of peer paths on a Router can cause HA to fail on those nodes. This is a result of running out of memory within one of the processes. This setting is configurable to fit the needs of the deployment
- I95-27282, I95-27369 Large configurations can cause delays in GraphQL responsiveness
- I95-27285 Large configurations can cause
save tech-support-infoto take a long time to complete
- I95-27300 Unable to properly allocate forwarding core count to leverage multi-socket systems
- I95-27310 It is possible to oversubscribe the system by allocating more forwarding cores than exist on the platform
- I95-27401, I95-27511 Unclean shutdowns can cause the analytics database to become corrupt
- I95-27444 Flow audit events are created even if auditing is disabled
highwayManager.logfile is unnecessarily overflowing with the message:[HWMC|AEM ] ERROR (ActionEventManag) The High queue has overflowed. Dropping message
128status.shscript has been added for troubleshooting
- I95-27604 FIB Next Hops is
<none>when there are only service-routes with services with application-name
- I95-27614 The 128T would send ICMP unreachable responses for destination MACs that were not its own
- I95-27799 Per-router services fail validation when a service applies to more than one router-group
- I95-27830 2 or more ICMP packets within milliseconds resulted in a software fault
- I95-21219 In large deployments, displaying all peer paths on the topology page can cause poor performance. Peer path lines for a given router are only drawn when selecting a router.
- I95-23631 "All Routers" option on custom dashboards can cause poor performance for large deployments
- I95-23634 Large configurations can cause the web server performance to degrade
- I95-25297 auditd and plugin files are unnecessarily rotated
- I95-25367 The 128T does not respond to ICMP packets destined for its interfaces
- I95-25897 Installing from an ISO can cause an incorrect core count allocation
- I95-26021 Window scroll bar become inoperable requiring a complete browser page reload
- I95-26247 Configuring a prefix-list in a BGP neighbor can cause a system fault
- I95-26266 When an interface configured for DHCP changes state to operationally down, the system can lock up
- I95-26284 DHCP packets being relayed through 128T can get dropped
- I95-26328 Login failure when LDAP username and home directory do not match
- I95-26385 Added audit events for
- I95-26392 Upgrading an asset through the Conductor was restricted to only use 2.2.x versions of the installer
- I95-26397 Cannot access dashboard tabs when exceeding screen limit
- I95-26428 GUI fails to commit cloned router config, producing error:
"reverse SSH port must be unique within an authority"
- I95-26457 System can fault on shutdown when unbinding interfaces
- I95-26467 Setting DHCP option
interface-mtucauses DHCP server to fail to start
- I95-26504 Transmitting large ICMP packets over SVR can cause the system to fault
- I95-26582 SSH keep-alives between conductor and router are happening too frequently
- I95-26683 Factory defaults can be inadvertently applied when bringing up a HA node
- I95-26721 kni processes may linger upon shutdown causing security keys to not install properly
- I95-26765 There exists no way to clear DHCP client leases. The command
dhcp-agent release-current-dhcp-leasehas been added
- I95-26788 The system can fault when unprovisioning a redundant interface
- I95-26799 Errors generated by assets are erroneously duplicated
- I95-26802 Upgrading or downloading software upgrades on all routers can impair performance of the Conductor. The asset selector has been restricted to a maximum of 10 routers to avoid overwhelming the Conductor with simultaneous download and upgrade operations
- I95-26828 In large deployments, issuing a PCLI command to all routers from the Conductor can impact performance. A warning is issued when issuing commands to all routers
- I95-26838 Events on the GUI dashboard are displayed out of time order
- I95-26842 PCLI does not honor log-level and always logs at DEBUG
mounthas been added to the output of
- I95-26848 Commiting a configuration that contains router validation errors from Conductor is not commited
- I95-26858 128T may start up with 0 byte length
- I95-26862 Asset state timers are unnecessarily aggressive
- I95-26868 TCP timers for assets are unnecessarily aggressive
- I95-26870, I95-26889, I95-26908 Large configurations can cause the PCLI to time out
- I95-26873 Commit and Validatate operations can be executed multiple times for the same configuration. A message now appears preventing the user from executing the same operation twice
- I95-26875, I95-26890, I95-26901 Large configuration can cause validation to time out
show assetscommand erronously prompts for confirmation
- I95-26925 Executing
save tech-support-infocan time out
- I95-26928 128T can fault on shutdown
- I95-26929 128T can fault on startup if it contains BGP configuration
New Features and Improvements
- I95-18018 Upgrade to CentOS 7.5
- I95-18889 GUI Dashboard with Improved Navigation
- I95-19231 Loopback for BGP Peering
- I95-19370 DHCP Server
- I95-21279 Azure Accelerated Networking Support
- I95-23620 IPv6 Services
- I95-23494 Router-Based Services
- I95-24541 UDP Transform NAT Traversal
- I95-25350 Core Isolation Mask Readability
- I95-25543 Non-traffic audit events are now enabled by default.
- I95-25647 Quectel EC25-A LTE card support
The 4.1.0 release requires the 128T-installer 2.2.0 or greater. By default, this installer will automatically be used.
- I95-22879 Alarm count in bubble may not reflect the alarms in UI
- I95-22926 Configuring dynamic-hostname writes all FQDN-based peers to /etc/hosts.
- I95-23122 The output of
show platformmay display the incorrect number of cores.
- I95-23761 Changing the web server's listening port does not affect the forwarding port for host-service.
- I95-24337, I95-25803 Interface alarms reference internal device-interface IDs which do not exist in customer visible configuration.
- I95-24404 When changing an interface from redundant to non-redundant, no validation will occur if the global-id remains configured.
- I95-24453 128T would not start on systems with less than 7GB of RAM.
- I95-24469 The user is now presented with a dialog that the 128T-installer will be updated prior to downloading an update of the 128T software.
- I95-24598 Alarm overlay will scroll outside of chart bounds when moved with the slider.
- I95-24879 Failed to communicate from core network in data center to branch office due to "Error adding session".
- I95-25051 Blue update status icon remains blinking on routers.
- I95-25164 An invalid node name sent over NETCONF for a
service-routecan cause the system to fault.
- I95-25174 Eroneous journal entries appear on restart of 128T when Zscaler plugin is enabled.
- I95-25311 GUI FIB table is inconsistent with output of
show fibon PCLI.
- I95-25329 PCLI in Conductor GUI creates nested navigation bars
- I95-25425 DHCP Relay with
/32and FIB next-hop set to none requires additional service configuration
- I95-25429 Rare race condition when applying configuration can cause the system to fault.
- I95-25498 Neighbor solicitation messages received on an interface without a IPv6 address will silently drop the messages without incrementing any counters.
- I95-25532 The autocomplete on the assets page does not display the asset id correctly.
- I95-25536 If a more specific static route matching a kernel route is removed, the kernel route remains inactive.
- I95-25539 A GUI initiated upgrade of a Conductor node failes to restart the Conductor service upon completion of the upgrade.
- I95-25570 128T process can fault on system shutdown.
- I95-25580 Copy-and-pasting a router configuration can cause validation issues.
- I95-25655 An unresolvable hostname can cause the
rsyslogdservice to fault.
- I95-25693 Cloning a
network-interfacecauses a configuration warning with the message:
'qp-value' has been deprecated.
- I95-25698 Number of Custom charts over 20-25 may result in charts disappearing
- I95-25729 The use of overlapping IP addresses for services can cause a failure to route packets.
- I95-25788 Static route option for DHCP enabled egress interface not available
- I95-25855 The GUI may return
nullfor the PCI address of a device interface.
- I95-25864 In the rare case when two HA nodes of the same Router are simultaneously started with factory default configuration, a race condition can occur where configuration from the Conductor may not be applied to the Router.
- I95-25891 In very rare cases where networks can have over 18 seconds of delay, the use of the Session Optimization can cause a system fault.
- I95-25895 Standby system can fault when upgrading the HA pair from 4.0 to 4.1.
- I95-25917 After an upgrade of a system installed from an ISO, 128T is not enabled upon system reboot.
- I95-25937 Reverse SSH service fails when the server-side SSH keys change.
- I95-25949, I95-26091 IGMPv2 joins are dropped by the 128T.
- I95-25981 Setting user preferences to display configuration as tiles or tables is not honored.
- I95-25982 Configuring a service next-hop as a network-interface provisioned for DHCPv6 can cause the system to fault.
- I95-26007 Executing
save tech-support-infocan sometimes cause interface state to be incorrectly reported.
- I95-26058 System can fault when receiving a malformed packet.
- I95-26066 Session classified as applications without a common name can cause the standby node to fault when the data is synchronized.
- I95-26107 Path MTU discovery may not resolve when behind a NAT
- When configuring network-interface adjacencies via the PCLI the peer field is now required. If the peer is missing the PCLI will provide a message that it is required:"Argument 'peer' is required"
Prior to 4.1.5, any peering with routers that have the same IP addresses was not supported. In 4.1.5 or greater remote peers having the same IP address is now supported in one direction, with the use of "outbound-only". 128T currently does not support ALL routers having the same IP address, the same IP address support is unidirectional. For example: The following is supported:R1(172.16.1.1) --- peered --- R2 (192.168.1.1)|------- peered --- R3 (192.168.1.1)
The following is not supported:R1(192.168.1.1) --- peered --- R2 (192.168.1.1)|------- peered --- R3 (192.168.1.1)
I95-30103 Entering flat configuration into PCLI does not always create the configuration
Symptom: - When performing configuration using flat (or cut and paste of the complete flat configuration line) the configuration is not applied
Conditions: - When a configuration object does not previously exist and setting an attribute of that configuration object. For example in the following configuration line:configure authority tenant one name one
If the "tenant one" configuration object does not exist, the tenant object will not be created. If it does exist then the command will set the attribute "name" to "one"
Corrective Action: - On initial creation, do not use flat configuration operations for creating the configuration.
I95-29842 Nodes with Overlapping DHCP addresses will not be displayed when 'show peers' command is run
Symptom: Nodes with Overlapping DHCP addresses will not be displayed in the output of show peers
Conditions: After upgrading to pre 4.1.5 to 4.1.6 and if Overlapping DHCP addresses are being used in the network topology
Corrective Action: After upgrading the Conductors perform a commit operation from either the PCLI or the Conductor GUI
I95-29733 Conductor UI may not provide an indication that a refresh is in progress (flashing blue dot)
Symptom: When selecting the Router to fresh the available versions to upgrade, the flashing blue indicator may not be present
Conditions: Shortly after both HA conductors have been upgraded and the refresh button is selected for a router
Corrective Action: N/A, no user corrective action can be performed. Waiting for a moment will result in the appearance of the solid blue dot if an upgrade is available (Note: Both conductors must be running a version greater than or equal to the target router version)
I95-29592 Conductor UI and/or PCLI may not update the asset software version correctly
Symptom: The Conductor UI and/or the PCLI may not correctly reflect the software version running on the asset
Conditions: After the asset has been upgraded
Corrective Action: If the asset is not updated after ~5 minutes after an upgrade is performed, the salt-minion will need a restart on the asset node that does not update the version. This is done with the following command on the node as the root linux user:systemctl restart salt-minion
I95-29271 PCLI/Netconf subsystem may fault on exit
Symptom: PCLI or Netconf session may fault
Conditions: On session exit (either exit from PCLI or direct Netconf session exit)
Corrective Action: N/A, no user corrective action is required.
save tech-support-infofails to create tech support file
save tech-support-infofails with the following error message:"Error: Failed to execute the 'save-tech-support-info' RPC: Fatal error creating tarball"
Conditions: When configuration exports have been saved with spaces it in the name of the exported configuration file
Corrective Action: Remove the saved configuration files with spaces in the name and avoid using spaces when exporting configuration. Note: Exporting configuration files with spaces in the name may be prevented in a future release.
I95-28766 Conductor PCLI shows configuration change when no changes have been performed
Symptom: Conductor PCLI may incorrectly provide an * that there is a candidate configuration change
Corrective Action: None, if the configuration has not changed this indicator can be ignored. A comparison can be performed with
compare config running candidate
I95-27946 Commit may fail on Conductor when node in router pair is stopped
Symptom: When performing a commit to a router where one of the nodes is offline, the commit from the Conductor may not respond or may fail. Performing a validate operation a second time may provide the following error response:“✖ Validating...% Error: Candidate configuration is invalid:1. A request of type validate is already in progress”
Conditions: When a node in the router pair is offline.
Corrective Action: The validate operation is sent from the conductor to the nodes to verify that the configuration is correct. The validate will timeout to the node that is offline. Bring the node back online and perform the operation a second time.
I95-27944 Network error may cause upgrade to fail and not retry.
Symptom: The following message is provided on the Conductor UI“The upgrade failed because: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.”
Conditions: When upgrading the Conductor from the Conductor GUI
Corrective Action: Verify the conductor can reach the 128T repository, once verified to be accessible, perform the upgrade operation again.
sync peer addresses router forcefrom conductor may not trigger router to send address information from peer
Symptom: When performing the following command on the Conductor PCLI,
sync peer addresses router forcethe router may not provide the peer address information
Corrective Action: Perform the PCLI command on the router to update the information on the conductor.
I95-27722 Alarms for "Peer not reachable" may not clear and will persist after nodes are back and operational
Symptom: Alarms for "peer not reachable" provided in on the Conductor
Conditions: Unknown, seen after system upgrade
Corrective Action: NA, The alarms will clear within 15 minutes.
- I95-25947 The upgrade to 4.1 can take upwards of 40 minutes to complete. The increase in installation time is due to the underlying OS upgrade from CentOS from 7.3 to 7.5.
- I95-25828 Rollback to the previous version of software is not supported due to the underlying operating system upgrade.
- I95-25659 When 128T learns the peer IP of a 128T Router through BFD source NAT detection, it uses the learned address for most things, but not for flow moves. Flow move detection relies on the statically configured adjacency within the configuration, not the updated addresses that BFD provides. To prevent for move failures when waypoints are behind a NAT, the administrator should configure
external-nat-addresson the corresponding adjacency. The value given to that field should be that same source NATed address.
- I95-25823 kernel warnings can be seen in journalctl when running the 128T within Azure. An example of the warning messages can be seen below.Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: Modules linked in: rte_kni(OE) igb_uio(OE) uio vfat fat intel_powerclamp coretemp kvm_intel kvm irqbypass crc32_pclmul ghash_clmulni_intel aesAug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 1620 Comm: fastLane Tainted: G OE ------------ 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64 #1Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: Hardware name: ADI Engineering RCC-VE2/RCC-VE2, BIOS ADI_RCCVE2-01.00.00.00 08/25/2017Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: Call Trace:Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83713754>] dump_stack+0x19/0x1bAug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff830945d8>] __warn+0xd8/0x100Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8309471d>] warn_slowpath_null+0x1d/0x20Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff831256b9>] update_cpumasks_hier+0x3c9/0x410Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83122cd0>] ? cpuset_read_u64+0x100/0x100Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 nodeMonitor: Processed configuration update (2)Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83125953>] cpuset_write_resmask+0x253/0xa10Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8311b020>] ? cgroup_rightmost_descendant+0x80/0x80Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83125700>] ? update_cpumasks_hier+0x410/0x410Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8311d411>] cgroup_file_write+0x1d1/0x2d0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff832221c8>] ? __sb_start_write+0x58/0x110Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff832d5437>] ? security_file_permission+0x27/0xa0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8321f240>] vfs_write+0xc0/0x1f0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8322006f>] SyS_write+0x7f/0xf0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8372579b>] system_call_fastpath+0x22/0x27Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: ---[ end trace e9955ec11f51ffa9 ]---Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 1620 at kernel/cpuset.c:994 update_cpumasks_hier+0x3c9/0x410Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: Modules linked in: rte_kni(OE) igb_uio(OE) uio vfat fat intel_powerclamp coretemp kvm_intel kvm irqbypass crc32_pclmul ghash_clmulni_intel aesAug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 1620 Comm: fastLane Tainted: G W OE ------------ 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64 #1Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: Hardware name: ADI Engineering RCC-VE2/RCC-VE2, BIOS ADI_RCCVE2-01.00.00.00 08/25/2017Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: Call Trace:Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83713754>] dump_stack+0x19/0x1bAug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff830945d8>] __warn+0xd8/0x100Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8309471d>] warn_slowpath_null+0x1d/0x20Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff831256b9>] update_cpumasks_hier+0x3c9/0x410Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83122cd0>] ? cpuset_read_u64+0x100/0x100Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83125953>] cpuset_write_resmask+0x253/0xa10Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8311b020>] ? cgroup_rightmost_descendant+0x80/0x80Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff83125700>] ? update_cpumasks_hier+0x410/0x410Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8311d411>] cgroup_file_write+0x1d1/0x2d0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff832221c8>] ? __sb_start_write+0x58/0x110Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff832d5437>] ? security_file_permission+0x27/0xa0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8321f240>] vfs_write+0xc0/0x1f0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8322006f>] SyS_write+0x7f/0xf0Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: [<ffffffff8372579b>] system_call_fastpath+0x22/0x27Aug 29 02:23:32 sct1_dut1 kernel: ---[ end trace e9955ec11f51ffaa ]---