Use this procedure to set up a typical standalone branch router leveraging the QuickStart capabilities of the 128T Networking Platform.
When a router configuration has been added to the conductor, but the device has not yet connected, in place of device-specific information, QuickStart instructions will be displayed.
After the configuration has been added to the authority on the conductor:
- On the Conductor, go to the UI to start the QuickStart process for the newly created 128T Router by accessing “Routers” -> “Router Name” -> “QUICKSTART LINK”
Clicking on the generate "QuickStart Link" will present you with a dialog box confirming some basic information about the target platform. Notably the router name, node name, and asset ID.
By default the conductor generates a UUID for the asset ID so as to unqiuely identify the endpoint. It is often desirable to set the asset ID to be that of the serial number of the device for tracking purposes.
The serial number can be obtained from the device by using
If you plan on setting the asset ID to the serial number, now is the time to make that change to the configuration on the conductor.
The device host address is the IP address that is assigned to the 128T router during the staging process. By default this is set to
A password is used to encrypt the contents of the QuickStart file. This password will be required when applying the file to the target platform.
- Copy the auto generated “Password” (this can be set to a different value)
- Follow step 1 to download the QuickStart file locally by selecting the “Click Here” link
- Plug in the computer that contains the QuickStart file to any ethernet port on the router. Ensure DHCP is enabled on the computer connecting to the router.
- Follow step 2 and click the link to start the QuickStart URL process
- Login locally to the new router with the default username
- Drag and drop the QuickStart file and click “Proceed”
- Paste the “Password” previously copied to unencrypt the QuickStart file and click “Continue”
- Click “Proceed” to start this process
- Optionally, select the “Show Details” slider to view the full config that will be configured
- After a couple minutes, this process will complete and your 128T Router will be fully configured.
- After a few more minutes, the router QuickStart webpage will show a message that the router was successfully configured.
The 128T router will have connected to the conductor. The Router page that was previously empty should now be populated with information about the system. Go to the 128T Conductor UI to verify the process completed for this newly created 128T Router by accessing “Routers” -> “Router Name” -> “Node Name”
- Verify “128T Processes” -> “All Processes Running”
- Verify “Asset Status” -> “RUNNING”
- Verify all 4 interfaces are “Up”
Congratulations, you have setup your 128T router.